Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Global cancer statistics 2020: GLOBOCAN estimates of incidence and mortality worldwide for 36 cancers in 185 countries.CA Cancer J Clin. 2021; 71: 209-249
- Overall survival with osimertinib in untreated, EGFR-mutated advanced NSCLC.N Engl J Med. 2020; 382: 41-50
- Updated analysis of KEYNOTE-024: pembrolizumab versus platinum-based chemotherapy for advanced non-small-cell lung cancer with PD-L1 tumor proportion score of 50% or greater.J Clin Oncol. 2019; 37: 537-546
- Alectinib versus crizotinib in untreated ALK-positive non–small-cell lung cancer.N Engl J Med. 2017; 377: 829-838
- Annual report to the nation on the status of cancer, featuring cancer in men and women age 20–49 years.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2019; 111: 1279-1297
- The effect of advances in lung-cancer treatment on population mortality.N Engl J Med. 2020; 383: 640-649
- Osimertinib in resected EGFR-mutated non-small-cell lung cancer.N Engl J Med. 2020; 383: 1711-1723
- IMpower010: primary results of a phase III global study of atezolizumab versus best supportive care after adjuvant chemotherapy in resected stage IB-IIIA non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).J Clin Oncol. 2021; 39 (8500–8500)
- Neoadjuvant nivolumab plus chemotherapy in resectable lung cancer.N Engl J Med. 2022; 386: 1973-1985
- Comorbidities in lung cancer: prevalence, severity and links with socioeconomic status and treatment.Postgrad Med J. 2014; 90: 305-310
- Impact of comorbidity on lung cancer survival.Int J Cancer. 2003; 103: 792-802
- Comorbidities in the management of patients with lung cancer.Eur Respir J. 2017; 491601721
- Charlson comorbidity index as a predictor of long-term outcome after surgery for nonsmall cell lung cancer.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2005; 28: 759-762
- Age and comorbidity as independent prognostic factors in the treatment of non small-cell lung cancer: a review of National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group trials.J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26: 54-59
- Comorbidity and survival in lung cancer patients.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2015; 24: 1079-1085
- The effect of different comorbidities on survival of non-small cells lung cancer patients.Lung. 2015; 193: 291-297
- Comorbidity and survival of Danish lung cancer patients from 2000–2011: a population-based cohort study.Clin Epidemiol. 2013; 5: 31-38
The updated Charlson comorbidity index is a useful predictor of mortality in patients with Staphylococcus aureus bacteraemia | Epidemiology & infection. Cambridge Core. https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/epidemiology-and-infection/article/updated-charlson-comorbidity-index-is-a-useful-predictor-of-mortality-in-patients-with-staphylococcus-aureus-bacteraemia/EB5C7C12D4FAACE25B38B1E7B9A79FEF. Accessed July 8, 2021.
- Predictive ability of Charlson comorbidity index on outcomes from lung cancer.Am J Clin Oncol. 2011; 34: 593-596
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy for inoperable early stage lung cancer.JAMA. 2010; 303: 1070-1076
- American Society of Clinical Oncology clinical evidence review on the ongoing care of adult cancer survivors: cardiac and pulmonary late effects.J Clin Oncol. 2007; 25: 3991-4008
- Impact of COPD on pulmonary complications and on long-term survival of patients undergoing surgery for NSCLC.Lung Cancer. 2002; 37: 95-101
- Preoperative pulmonary rehabilitation in patients undergoing lung resection for non-small cell lung cancer.Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2008; 33: 95-98
- Preoperative rehabilitation for thoracic surgery.Curr Opin Anaesthesiol. 2019; 32: 23-28
- Inoperable early-stage non–small-cell lung cancer: stereotactic ablative radiotherapy and rationale for systemic therapy.J Clin Oncol. 2022; 40: 539-545
- The impact of cardiovascular comorbidities on the outcome of surgery for non-small-cell lung cancer.Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2013; 16: 270-274
- Cardiac toxicity in association with chemotherapy and radiation therapy in a large cohort of older patients with non-small-cell lung cancer.Ann Oncol. 2010; 21: 1825-1833
- Radiation-induced cardiovascular disease: review of an underrecognized pathology.J Am Heart Assoc. 2021; 10e021686
- Cardiac toxicity after radiotherapy for stage III non–small-cell lung cancer: pooled analysis of dose-escalation trials delivering 70 to 90 Gy.J Clin Oncol. 2017; 35: 1387-1394
- Postoperative radiotherapy versus no postoperative radiotherapy in patients with completely resected non-small-cell lung cancer and proven mediastinal N2 involvement (Lung ART): an open-label, randomised, phase 3.Lancet Oncol. 2022; 23: 104-114
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Dr. García-Pardo and Ms. Chang contributed equally to this work.
Prof. Hung and Dr. Liu contributed equally to this work.
Disclosure: Ms. Brown is supported by the Alan B. Brown Chair . Dr. Christiani has received funding through grant U01 CA209414. Prof. Reis and Dr. Leal declare funding from the Public Ministry of Labor Campinas (Research, Prevention, and Education of Occupational Cancer, Brazil). Prof. Chen declares funding from the National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health through grants U01-CA063673, UM1-CA167462, and U01-CA167462. Dr. Liu was supported by Alan B. Brown Chair and the Lusi Wong Family Fund, Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation . The remaining authors declare no conflict of interest.