The interaction of programmed death ligand 1 (PD-L1) and its receptor programmed cell death protein 1 (PD-1) results in critical inhibition of the immune system.
1PD-L1 expression was recently reported in thymic epithelial tumors (TETs) and associated with aggressive histologic subtype and poor prognosis.
- Weber J.
Immune checkpoint proteins: a new therapeutic paradigm for cancer—preclinical background: CTLA-4 and PD-1 blockade.
Semin Oncol. 2010; 37: 430-439
- Padda S.K.
- Riess J.W.
- Schwartz E.J.
- et al.
Diffuse high intensity PD-L1 staining in thymic epithelial tumors.
J. Thorac Oncol. 2016; 10: 500-508
- Katsuya Y.
- Fujita Y.
- Horinouchi H.
- Ohe Y.
- Watanabe S ichi
- Tsuta K.
Immunohistochemical status of PD-L1 in thymoma and thymic carcinoma.
Lung Cancer. 2015; 88: 154-159
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Thoracic Oncology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Immune checkpoint proteins: a new therapeutic paradigm for cancer—preclinical background: CTLA-4 and PD-1 blockade.Semin Oncol. 2010; 37: 430-439
- Diffuse high intensity PD-L1 staining in thymic epithelial tumors.J. Thorac Oncol. 2016; 10: 500-508
- Immunohistochemical status of PD-L1 in thymoma and thymic carcinoma.Lung Cancer. 2015; 88: 154-159
- A phase II study of pembrolizumab in patients with recurrent thymic.J Clin Oncol. 2016; 34 ([abstract]): 8517
- Toxicities of the anti-PD-1 and anti-PD-L1 immune checkpoint antibodies.Ann Oncol. 2015; 26: 2375-2391
Published online: August 03, 2016
Accepted: July 16, 2016
Received in revised form: July 14, 2016
Received: June 23, 2016
Disclosure: The authors declare no conflict of interest.
© 2016 International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.